- Debo Akinbami Chief BUB Anyanwu and Nneoma Dora Anyanwu gave their daughter, Betty, everything but the name Ada, despite being the first child, as usual with her kinfolk. Ada, in Igbo parlance, represents the first daughter of a family; the leader, life and light of the family. But for BUB, he would rather have a child prove deserving of a space than, for mere cultural consonance, confer titular robe that would rob its holder of ultimate heights. Betty was, instead, instilled with traits that would shape her lane and lead her unto luster if care was taken. And indeed, care was taken. Betty set out, shrewdly, carefully carrying herself through the routes. She kept a fixed gaze, avoided both deliberate or accidental dirt that would smear the enviable name BUB had built by rigour. Someone has said, in the words of President Barrack Obama, that "every man is trying to live up to his father's expectations or to make up for his father's mistakes." The former was true o...
By Sijibomi Ogundele “Suji my son, you must follow me somewhere, I want to blow your mind and quadruple your vision”. This was a message I got from my royal father, the Ooni of Ife, HRH Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, the Ojaja II. I had to leave everything I was doing, and make my way to Ibeju lekki Free Trade Zone where Dangote has not only transformed the skyline, but also changed the social and economic value of the location, making it the new Lagos for all industrial and commercial opportunities. It was a tedious experience traveling to a location that should ordinarily take us 40 minutes, but we had to spend 1 hour 30 minutes as a result of the unavoidable traffic on that route. However, I was stunned by the level of development that has unfolded in that area and I must appreciate the Lagos State government for the social and economic revolution of the Lekki Aja zone. I enjoyed the trip which was filled with different interesting scenes, one of such is the sight of ro...
Comments
Post a Comment